Skip to main content

The Role of English in India.

This blog is part of My ELT P : 1  in this blog I will talk about the role of English in India. If we talk about English in India we see that it's a foreign language. But in our country we don't see English as foreign language but we rather see it as second language. The reason of see English as second language is may be that we accepted this language as the working language.



Here I am answering some questions which are related to role of English in particularly in my life. 

1.   What is English Language for you?

As I have mentioned that English is considered as second language in India, so when I started studying this language it is also for me second language. But as soon as I started learning this language more I came to about it's importance. I come to know about how at individual level it is language of development. On National level it is link language. Now a days we see that technology is also developing though we found so many language to use this technological tool but still there also English remain main. To connect with international identity to have remarks on international level it is compulsory to learn this language. So when I come to about importance of English language I make this language as my study language.

2. What kind of challenges you are facing and have faced while learning this language?

     As I have mentioned English comes in my life as second  language so when I was studying this language I started studying this with Grammar and also I am not used to with it in my everyday life.  Tough I studying this from necessary but still it was basic. But when I came in 7th my teacher started teach us Grammar of it. Her teaching Pattern was like she gave us one sentence and then we have to change that sentence in 27 other sentence. She gave us sentence in simple present tense and then we used to change that same sentence in all other tense then it's negative and also make question. This Patten allow me to do by heart Grammar of it. But as I mentioned I am not used to speaking of it so speaking of that become difficult for me. The other problem I faced or I am facing still is about spelling. There are so many spelling in this that the way you speak in the same you can't write. So this is the problem I am still facing.

     3. Write in brief your understanding about any one essay.

India has multicultural society. It also has so many rural language. In Gujarati there is proverb, 
બાર‌ ગાવે બોલી‌‌ બદલાય. 
This thing talks about the Indian as multi language society. So in very first essay Shivendra k. Verma talks about the Teaching English as second language in India. In this essay it focus on objective of teaching. It also talked about language in multilingual setting. In this he talked about the bilingualism and multilingualism. It also says that the main objective of teaching is LSRW skills. As well as it also talk about need analysis.

4. According to you which Position English Language should be given?

It is very difficult to answer this particular question. As I mentioned above India has multiple language. In our country there are so many rural language than every state has its own language then on National level there is different language.  So it very difficult to set language on particular position. But we can say that if one learn language and grabs it's all aspects than he or she can make this language as their first language also.


5. How you see your future with English Language?

As I mentioned in my first answer that while learning  I come to know about  its importance. As soon as I come to know about its importance i chose this language as my career language. Because it is link language, it is working language I think that this language will give me bright future.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Metaphysical poetry

                     The word metaphysical comes from Greek word  metaphysics. The word which literally means ''  beyond nature '' Metaphysics studies questions of a think beyond or above nature.                               Like this metaphysical poetry has also its hidden meaning. For poetry metaphysical word first used by Dr. Samuel Johnson . It was in the life of Abraham  Cowley. when first Samuel Johnson used term metaphysical poetry to John Donne and his follower it was in negative  sense .                                              ...

History of English literature.

  History of English Literature.  Before knowing the history of English Literature we should know first what is literature. In a simple word literature is a mirror of society. But if you want to know the perfect definition then ; literature is writing which expresses and communicates thoughts, feelings and attitude towards life.  The  word literature comes from the Latin word ‘ litaritura ’ meaning “writing organized with letters”. We can classify different literature with the language, origin, historical period, genre, and subject matter.   If we talk about the history of English literature we should know that it's divided into Seven parts. We can identify them with the writing style of its author. Also as I have mentioned, literature is a mirror of society. We can know about that particular society and its background with the help of the work created during that time.  The  period in which history of English Literature is divided are below; The...

Poem : ode on solitude.

The poem Ode On solitude was written by Alexander pope. He was known for his satirical verse and for his transaction of Homer. This poem by Alexander pope written when he was  twelve years old. Pope is famous for his use of heroic couplet. In this poem post gave the defination of the happy person. If we simply read this poem we think that poet in this poem talk about gamer and his life. But when we go deeper in the poem we realized the real meaning of the poem. To give characteristics of happy man post use the symbolically language. In the first stanzas port say that if you have a person in your life who care for you then you are the happy man. He further added that if the person had his own morality then he is happy man. He also say that the person who leaves in the native place with the family heirloom don't need to go out for the job that man is happy man. In the second stanza he say that if the person has enough bread and for that Brad if he doesn't need to secrif...